.

Katie { Washington, PA Bridal session }

  A few weeks ago, I met up with bride-to-be, Katie and my friend, Tiffany with Simply Exceptional Events, LLC to shoot a fun fourth of July inspired bridal session.  Katie first had in mind a destination wedding and bought this dress for her big day.  However, her plans have changed a bit.  She's now getting married here in Pittsburgh with a more traditional wedding day in mind.  And by the way, I was lucky enough to see her new dress and it is AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS!!!  Since this dress (the one in the session) wasn't going to be her wedding day dress it still seemed like it needed to be photographed.  Katie was kind enough to get all dolled up and let me photograph her.  There were lots of fun D.I.Y. projects that I spent time on before the session.  Maybe later this month I can break down a few of them and share.  Until then, I'll just share what are the D.I.Y. projects in the pics.  Here's a few of my favorite shots from the session. 






      The hand sewn initials ( Katie's future hubby-Scott Bowers:) in the locket and details on shoes are D.I.Y. projects that anyone could tackle.



        The garter belt is also a D.I.Y. project I made with a few items from around my home.  One including a broken ring that I couldn't make myself throw away.


   The birdcage veil was soooo easy to make!!!  Vintage blue brooch that was added for detail was a yardsale find. 





         Just in case we wanted a traditional veil as well, I bought this material for $8 and bam...Katie models it like a pro! :)


                    Again, easy vintage clip on earrings with birdcage tulle makes every day red pumps look amazing!







                          This necklace is actually three vintage necklaces (and one brooch) as one.  
                                      I'm not gonna lie, this D.I.Y. project took a long time. 








                                      As always, hope you're having a wonderful day:)  Evie Pin It

0 comments: