.

Learn From My Mistakes {frozen turkey edition}

  Eleven years ago this Thanksgiving, I was a 19 year old newlywed living in Pensacola, Fl with my new hubby, Brian.  We were so excited to have our first Thanksgiving together.  I wanted everything to be perfect.  I bought the biggest turkey we could afford.  However, my teenager brain didn't realize it took DAYS to defrost a turkey.  I put it in the fridge the day before Turkey Day thinking that was enough time.  Once it dawned on me it wasn't enough time I started to panic.  Literally, during the night  got up and prayed over my turkey to defrost faster.  Did I mention I went to Bible school? :) Anywhooo, by the morning it was frozen.  Solid.  As in no way Jose is this turkey going to be in the oven soon.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with lasagna:)  We cooked the turkey a few days later and it was yummy.  So, if your a young newlywed, learn from my mistake....DEFROST YOUR TURKEY NOW:)  Evie

Pin It

0 comments: