.

Strawberries!

  If you know me at all, you know, I know pretty much nada when it comes to a gardening.  But, I LOVE planting!  This year (which is my second year..lol) I decided to plant strawberries.  I got a "hankerin'" as my husband would call it, about two months ago to start my garden in my house.  You know, in those little cute terra cotta pots that you put on your window sill.  So, a few weeks ago, they were ready to be transplanted into the real garden.  I had no idea how quickly they would be ready to eat=)  A few were taken by hungry birds though.  Which by the way, IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO PROTECT STRAWBERRIES FROM BIRDS (besides a shot gun..laugh here) PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! The few we did eat were Ah-mazing!  I forgot what real strawberries tasted like.  Which is just sad and pathetic all at the same time.  So, if you have some available space I urge you, yes you, to plant something!  Even some strawberries on your deck in a jar:)  Take a picture and send it to me.  I'd love to see what you're growing!  I might even post some pics;)  evie@eviephotography.net Have a great day! Evie



Pin It

0 comments: