.

This is me and my life.

   I was cleaning and ran across my grandma Lucy's first painting.  I believe she was 16 at the time.  As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of how long it takes an artist/photographer/baker/name what you do here;) to get really good at what they do.  You're born with gifts, but it takes TIME to be great with them.  I follow some GREAT photography blogs out there and always end up comparing myself to them and their talent.  Fact is, they are great, but it took them a while to get there.  Just like it's going to take me a while.  And that's ok, because I've got time to work on my talent.  So, no more comparing.  This is me and my life and I'm going for it!  Hope you do the same!;)  Have a good one-Evie

                                                           My Grandma Lucy's first oil painting.....

One from years later....
Pin It

4 comments:

MGM said...

So what you are saying is that "artsy fartsy" runs in your family?

Love the positive message! Seems like it's time for us to get together again before the kids start school, isn't it?

Mollie said...

Artsy fartsy skipped over me apparently :( I don't think I had ever seen her first painting, Evie! How well she cultivated that talent, indeed!!

Unknown said...

MGM, you could say;) lol You should see my Grandma's twin brother...www.clintwalker.com

mollie, I was lucky enough to get her first painting:) I thoguht it was so cute b/c she wrote "Lucille" and you know how it's my middle name too:)

Amy :] said...

I love this 'before and after' I can't believe I've never seen this painting before! What an amazing family heirloom you have.
I just realized, you have the first oil painting Grandma did and I have the last oil painting that she did.
I wonder just how many painting she did in between :]
Probably hundreds...